Thursday 31 January 2013

Card found by Camberwell student

A card found yesterday by Camberwell student Chloe Greenfield. Great picture. The Queen of hearts is significantly the first card Riley finds in the book, the one the sets him off on his mission. She says this.
"You gave a talk to us last year at Camberwell where you spoke about your book The Card amongst many other things, and since then i've been anticipating the moment where a queen of hearts should fall into my path (not sure why queen of hearts, just my favourite). Today, as I was waiting at my bus stop in dulwich with a grim early-morning frown , I saw her staring up at my through the drizzle and cigarette butts. It was a special moment and my heart soared . I didn't pick her up as it's a particularly dull bus-stop so i thought someone else would appreciate her too."
Knowing she left it on the road makes me want to go over to Dulwich to see if it's still there, but I have a train to catch.